Contributing to commitizen
First of all, thank you for taking the time to contribute! 🎉
If you're a first-time contributor, you can check the issues with good first issue tag.
Before making a pull request
- Fork the repository.
- Clone the repository from your GitHub.
- Setup development environment through poetry (
- Setup pre-commit hook (
pre-commit install -t pre-commit -t pre-push -t commit-msg)
- Check out a new branch and add your modification.
- Add test cases for all your changes. (We use CodeCov to ensure our test coverage does not drop.)
- Use commitizen to do git commit. We follow conventional commmits
./scripts/testto ensure you follow the coding style and the tests pass.
README.md. Do not update the
CHANGELOG.md, it will be automatically created after merging to
- If your changes are about documentation. Run
poetry run mkdocs serveto serve documentation locally and check whether there is any warning or error.
- Send a pull request 🙏